AARC has been invited to set up a table at Charlottesville’s first Maker Faire, an event for people who like to build things. Saturday 2012-10-12 from 10am to 4pm at Monticello High School, 1400 Independence Way, Charlottesville, VA 22902, geo: 37.998545,-78.48949 (Firefox plugin for geo URLs) (Google Maps).
KQ9P is organizing our participation. W4MBW and AK4OL will also be there.
Also happening that same day:
– The scout camporee, at which AARC has been invited to set up a station from 9:30AM to 4PM. Contact K4DU.
– Safety day at Sears/Fashion Square mall. 10AM-4PM. CERT and the 911 EOC will be participating. And the Albemarle county fire department will be offering Fire Extinguisher training.
– AARC every other week breakfast. 7AM-10AM. This happens earlier in the day than the other events.
– Clark 5k fun run. AARC is not participating in this event but CERT members, especially traffic team members, have been asked to help. 7AM-9:30AM. Note that this is close to the Maker Faire and may affect traffic. This race is north of I-64 and the Maker Faire is south. But you might want to avoid avon street route to Monticello High School and take route 20 instead.
– There is another 5k race that will apparently obstruct vehicle access to the camporee from 7AM-9:30AM. This is the apple harvest trail run and is organized by the scouts. http://www.bsa-sjac.org/trailrun
– The Virginia Wine and Garlic Festival 10AM-5PM at Rebec vineyards in Amherst. This runs both
Saturday and Sunday.
– Crozet Arts and Crafts Festical, Saturday and Sunday.
– The only saturday in October with no UVA home game traffic.