Photo: Mark Whitis AK4OL, CC-BY-US-3.0
The grand opening for the New Fontaine Ave Fire Station is Saturday from 11AM to 3PM, Rain or Shine. Be prepared for rain as the hourly weather forecast on weatherbug has 50% chance of rain during the event hours. This is a rare chance to tour the facility. Several members of the club will be working the event through CERT, including Jim Wilson K4BAV, Mark Whitis AK4OL, and Anita Web. Parking is at two off-site locations, with shuttle buses provided (two full size buses and one handicapped shuttle). There will be food, speakers, ribbon cutting ceremony, etc. Speakers at 11:45AM, Ribbon Cutting at noon.
- Fontaine Ave Fire Station, 2420 Fontaine Avenue , Charlottesville, VA, (no parking) geo:38.025943,-78.520200
- Fontaine Research Park, Ray C Hunt Dr, Charlottesville, VA, (Parking): geo:38.025521,-78.525082
- Trinity Church, 3101 Fontaine Avene Extended, Charlottesville, VA: (Parking) geo:38.024616,-78.534654
Other events that day
- AARC Breakfast bunch
- (International) Astronomy Day at McCormick Observatory. Noon to 10PM. Rain cancels.
- Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival (Saturday and Sunday)