** Please send an email with your item to be listed to K4RKA@JUNO.COM **
this listing is for any amateur to list equipment which is surplus to his operation.
it is NOT to be used for commercial sales or anything which could be construed as such.
** updated 9/21/2016 by rkr **
note: If no interest is shown in a couple of months or so,
the item may be deleted. It may be re-listed if desired.
Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org when an item has been sold
or pulled from availability and can be deleted from this listing.
(see AARC Beacon for possible additional listings)
NOTE:email addresses are now protected by software. If you want your name, call or telephone number on the ad, please let me know when you place the ad. Otherwise only an email address will be included in the ad. Please include at least one contact method.
========= NEW ITEMS & MOST RECENT LISTINGS as of 9/21/2016==========
FOR SALE Ham Radio Equipment from Alan â€“ K9MBQ. Call 434-975-6237; e-mail:email@example.com
This equipment is all fully operational (except the R-390A), can be put on the air NOW by new Hams or Old Timers, and I will personally help set up for Charlottesville locals.
- Hustler 4BTV 10, 15, 20, & 40M Vertical with Tilt mount and Ground Radial plate. Price – $160 (Value new is $200+)
- DRAKE R4B HF Receiver (ser 9290G) â€“ This is an excellent HF Receiver that will work with any HF Transmitter, is one of the Best HF Receivers around (notwithstanding its â€˜70s vintage), is â€œLike Newâ€ out of the box, tested and plays on all bands & modes (CW, SSB, AM).
A Great addition to any existing station, or an excellent receiver for a New Ham.
This is an excellent value at $350, includes manual.
- HAMMARLUND HQ-180A Receiver (ser 30615904) with Matching Speaker â€“ This is a Classic General Coverage (Broadcast Band to 10M) Receiverthat is an excellent HF Ham Band Receiver. This can also be linked to an HF transmitter, and is an excellent New Ham or Experienced Ham addition to any station. This radio is as Clean as they come, hears well on all bands and all modes (AM, SSB, and CW), and can work from an Open Wire (balanced Feed) antenna or any COAX fed antenna.
This is a great Buy at $375, with manual and Speaker.
- Electronics Assistance Corp R-390A URR Military HF Receiver â€“ This one is a Famous Mechanical/Digital radio used by all military services in the 1950/60s. Have not powered this one up, so view it as a restoration project. Once done and operating these radios sell for ~$2000!
I will sell this one with local pickup for $300.
Interested Hams/Friends should call me at 434-975-6237; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Swinger K9MBQ
posted 8/24/2016 -FREE FREE FREE
Kenwood Transceiver, TS-120S;
Kenwood PS-30 DC power supply;
Ten-Tec antenna coupler, Model 291;
Antenna, G5RV, 10 to 80 meters;
Antenna Meter, Thorotest SWFS-2;
Power Meter/SWR Meter, RPSWR-3;
Grounding clamp & cable;
Approx. 50 ft. coax cable;
Antenna switch with five (5) coaxial hook-ups plus ground.
To my knowledge all this equipment is in good working order. Would like to get $435.00 for the entire package. This would make a good start-up/back-up station.
Additional items for sale:
Antique Radio Working 1937 Hallicrafter (Sky Buddy) model S-19R w/original operating manual. Asking $85.00
(Army Signal Corps) LIONEL 1942 J-36 (Bug). In excellent condition except missing name plate (as most of these antiques are). If interested, contact for price.
Rob KJ4KMS Tel. Charlottesville, VA (434) 975-2193 or email email@example.com
For sale is a yaesu ft-7800r dual band radio. Comes with separation kit, mounting bracket and power pole connectors. Asking $115.
Andrew kk4sho firstname.lastname@example.org
For Sale: SteppIR 4 element 20-6m Yagi, SDA100 controller, 33V upgrade option, transceiver interface option. See http://www.steppir.com/4-element-yagi for details. Originally purchased in 2012 by W4UVA. Two of the Element Handling Units (EHUs) have just been repaired by SteppIR; the other two are working properly. Great antenna for a serious DXer, but not for a student club, as it turns out. New price for this package is just over $3000. Asking $2195. Proceeds from this sale will return to W4UVA to support club activities. Contact Mike KQ9P (email@example.com).
For Sale: :Eimac 3-500Z; used with full output power. $110.
Contact: Ed, N3US, tel 434 975-9001 or firstname.lastname@example.org
– FOR SALE: posted 12/09/2015
Hustler 4BTV 40-10M Vertical antenna – still in the box (New cost ~$160), and Hustler Tilt-Base bracket (New Cost ~$62). Can sell separately or as a package. Package Price: $175.
Alan Swinger K9MBQ; email@example.com. 434-975-6237.
10m 4 element Yagi by Finco on 18 foot square boom. This is an excellent 10m antenna that I used for years and won many 10m contest while using. It will need some of the steel bolts replaced but that’s all. $45.00
15M 3 element Yagi, Hy-Gain 153. Another excellent antenna, the original steel boom has been replaced with an aluminum one, again some steel parts, mainly bolts, will need replacing. This antenna was one of the first made as it was purchased in 1954 by W4HPR. $45.00
20M 3 element Yagi, Hy-gain 203B in excellent condition. This is the antenna we have used on past field days. $85.00
Contact Jim Owen K4CGY 434-296-3044
=========7/19/2015 and older have been deleted 1/18/2016 rkr ===========